Re: none

David Kronholm <kronholm@mageos.com> writes:
DK> I'm a Linux newbie, and I've jut installed 2.0 on a PC.

Why not the much newer Debian 2.2?

DK> Everything went okay, except when I try to boot from the hard
DK> disk, it hangs at a '1FA:' prompt, and I can't type anything.

This is the master boot record contained in the mbr package.  If you
type '1', it will boot off of /dev/hda1; if you type 'F', off of the
floppy (/dev/fd0); if you type 'A', you'll have the option to boot off
of any partition on /dev/hda, even those that aren't explicitly
flagged as bootable.

DK> Also, if I do a rescue reboot, and try to configure XF86, I can't
DK> get any mouse pointer movement, and it fails to launch the
DK> server. Any help?

What sort of mouse do you have?  How are you trying to configure X?
'xf86config' is a console-mode program that will generate an
XF86Config file from the answers to its questions.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell