Re: Help with mouse - newbie

Thanks everyone for the help. I got my mouse working!! I changed the
Protocol to PS/2, rebooted and it worked.  I ran dselect and it says
that the textutils and shellutils packages are installed, yet I still
get missing command errors.  You are correct in that we did a very
minimal install.  My friend basically whipped through the whole
installation because he's a Debian guru, so I don't really know what
all he did.  I know that we didn't install very many packages.  I would
like to know how to go about installing packages that are on the CD's.
We installed Debian from a set of 3 CD's, but he changed the apt setup
so that it uses the internet to install packages.  Since I only have 50
hours a month for my internet access I would like to install packages
off the CD's instead of spending hours downloading everything through
my (slow) 33.6k modem connection.  Once I get the packages installed
then I can do an upgrade later, but right now I don't have very many
things installed.  How do I set it up so that I can install packages
from the CD's? When I choose the Access menu from dselect, it does not
give me a cdrom option.  Thanks for your help.

Casey

---
Casey Henderson
Casey@umit.maine.edu

"If the Lord wanted us to all be the same, he'd have given us all
braces on our legs."