Runaway printer!

Can you help me with a runaway printer?  (Canon BJ200, using
Potato and with apsfilter).  Somehow, being careless, I have
managed to put a huge (around 1mb) file into the printer queue;
and I cannot stop the SOAB from printing, reams and reams of
Postscript code.

I've switched it off and tried "lprm" both  as user and as root;
I located the folder in /var/spool/lp where the job was being
sourced and removed the two files and the lockfile that applied
to that task - that approach did the trick n Mandrake but not
with debian - STILL it keeps printing.  I have tried "killing"
lpd while the thing is printing.......

There must be a cheaper way than lettinmg the thing run through
two ink cartridges.  Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks in advance,

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *