install-info error when installing package

One of the most usual errors I have received over the years when installing
debian packages has been the failure of install-info.
So what is the solution?

The problem is an error in both prerm and postinst scripts when running
install-info.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Davis
--
adavis@saipan.coM                                  1-670-235-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  PMB 30, Box 10006, Saipan, MP 96950-8906, NMI

 I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
 hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one on
 every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

 Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their
 frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back.
                               -- John Maynard Keynes