RE: windows fixed on upper panel (cannot be moved or resized)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Grün [mailto:dzjembee@dds.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 9:59 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: windows fixed on upper panel (cannot be moved or resized)

My problem is, that all the windows are fixed on the upper panel on the
left-above corner (that is: the window title is not visible).
I cannot resize the window, nor can I make a window come to lay on top by
clicking with the mouse on that window (I have to use the icon on the lower
panel)
How can I change that, resulting in a freely movable window?

I don't know for sure but sounds like you have a gnome-session running
without a window manager. If you can you can set gnome's default wm by
typing gnomecc and selecting a window manager or you can setup a .xsession
script to do it for you. Hope that helps both ways worked for me.

Ceaser