Re: windows fixed on upper panel (cannot be moved or resized)

This happened to me about a week ago as I was setting up Helix gnome.
Gnome-session was started via .xinitrc, and all my windows were stuck in the
upper left corner. I fired up gcc and chose Sawmill as the wm. Restarted X
and everything was OK.