Help with System Crashes

Hello

I have a strange problem with one of my PCs:
It crashes for no obvious reasons, at least one time a day.
The system is completly frozen, ie no ping, no Magic-Key, no CTRL-AL-DEL,
only a HARD-Reset is working. Logfiles in /var/log show nothing
unusal.

Since this computer is acting as my ADSL-Gateway and as a file-, mail-,
and news-server, I am a little bit anoyed....

The System is an AMD-K6-2/500 with 192 MB Memory on a MS-5169 motherboard.
HD is 15 GB Maxtor 31536H2 as hda, and a ATAPI 48X CD-ROM drive as hdc.

eth0 ( to Intranet) indentifies as VIA VT3043 Rhine,
eth1 ( to DSL-modem) is a NetGear FA310 (tulip chipset),
replacing a 3com  3c905B.

Software is a fresh installed Debian 2.2, with a custom build Kernel
( no SCSI), rp-pppoe 2.3 (  same problem with 2.2),  running sendmail, inn,
squid, bind8.

Can anybody give me any tips or hints what can I do ?

regards
Martin Pfeilsticker