Re: isdn Problem (newbie)

Hi Shaul,

first of all: thanks for your continuing help.

> I do not know. Does the config file shows support for ISDN?

on my system a grep ISDN /boot/config-2.2.17 shows:

CONFIG_ISDN=m
CONFIG_ISDN_PPP=y
CONFIG_ISDN_PPP_VJ=y
CONFIG_ISDN_MPP=y
CONFIG_ISDN_AUDIO=y
CONFIG_ISDN_TTY_FAX=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_LOOP=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DIVERSION=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_HISAX=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_ICN=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_PCBIT=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_ACT2000=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_EICON=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_EICON_ISA=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1=m
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_B1ISA=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_B1PCI=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_B1PCIV4=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_T1ISA=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_B1PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_T1PCI=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_C4=y
CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_VERBOSE_REASON=y

although I do not really understand any line it looks to me as if it
should be o.k.

> Since I am using the ISDN sub system as modules, I am also using the following:
>
> [17:29:09 /tmp]$ tail -7 /etc/modutils/aliases
> alias char-major-43     hisax
> alias char-major-44     hisax
> alias char-major-45     hisax
> options hisax type=27
> alias ippp0             isdn

I also would like to use it as module.
I do not have any entry like this but I think this is the point I run
into problems with modconf. When I try to edit this file manually I also
get the same errors.

Anyway I will read all the documentation you provided to me and if I
still won't get it to run I will ask again, hopefully knowing a bit
better where the error could be located.

thanks again for your effort and your hint to useful documentation.

Clemens