Re: isdn Problem (newbie)

Hi,

> Did you compile the kernel with the appropriate support?

I did not compile a new kernel at all. I used the CD-Distribution from
Linuxland. The Debian Linux Guide refers to this (and it is distributed
with the CD-Set) so it should not be necessary to compile a kernel,
should it?

> BTW: You mentioned `the chapter in the debian linux guide'. Can you give me a
> pointer to this doc?

it is a book but in the editorial there is mentioned that it is the
printed version of an online document (no URL was given).

The ISBN is 3-00-006063-4. You can find a description of this book on
www.amazon.de.

> I could not find it in the online version of the tdlug
> package.

perhaps the title on amazon might give you a hint from which
online-document the book is derived.

thanks for your help

Clemens