Re: wmaker+gnome (2nd.)

with regard to ...

> > I have two problems using wmaker+gnome. I use "xdm" to log in (running
> > gdm is *not* desired). The users have .xsession files as this:
> >
> > bla, bla, bla
> >
> > In file /etc/environment the following variables are defined and
> > exported (among others):
> >
> > LANG=es_ES.ISO-8859-1
> > WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker
> >
> > When gnome is firstly executed, the wmaker launching is adequately
> > configured from control center. In fact, after this first run, gnome
> > launchs wmaker normally.
> >
> > 1) All messages of gnome and its apps (menu, help, gftp, logout, gmc,
> > etc.) are in English. I can't imagine why, because when running
> > "printenv" from an xterm the variable LANG appears correctly defined.
> > Every else application shows the right spanish messages.

Problem solved ... just added:

LANG=es_ES.ISO-8859-1
export LANG

before executing gnome-session ...

> > 2) The most annoying thing ... The changes made to wmaker (adding apps
> > to clip, changing clip apps settings, icons, etc.) are not stored from
> > one session to another. The strange thing is that, when running
> > "printenv", the variable WINDOW_MANAGER appears unbounded. Nevertheless,
> > I tried "env WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker /usr/bin/gnome-session"
> > and it didn't work (although in this case the variable is correctly
> > defined). I have also tried options --purge-delay=15000" and
> > "--suicide-delay=0"  but it didn't work either. The save-session option
> > of gnome didn't work either ... ¡I'm desperated! :-( ... Yes, if the
> > restart option of the wmaker apps menu is used, the changes are made ...
> > but this is not the adequate solution (I think). My intuition is that
> > gnome don't properly close wmaker. Any idea?

I just added:

WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker
export WINDOW_MANAGER
/usr/bin/gnome-session

after removing all of my .gnome* stuff from my $HOME ... but it didn't work! All of
the changes to apps in the clip have to be saved by restarting wmaker from its menu.
Anyone who knows how to do the right thing, please send me an e-mail. I am going to
unsubscribe from the list - I am suscribed to the spanish user list and suscribe to
this list for finding someone who knows how to solve the problem -. Anyway, thank you
all of you for contributing to make Debian the best Linux distribution.

Kind regards,

JUAN CARLOS AMENGUAL            You're just a waste of time,
UNIVERSIDAD JAUME I             you're just a babbling face,
DEPARTAMENTO DE INFORMÁTICA     you're just three sick holes
CAMPUS DE RIU SEC, EDIFICIO TI  that run like sores,
CASTELLON, 12071. SPAIN.        you're a fucking waste,
Phone: +34 964 728361           you're like a slug on the floor,
Fax: +34 964 728435             oh! you're useless and ugly, so useless and ugly
e-mail: jcamen@inf.uji.es       that I shiver and shake
                                when I think of how you make me hate!
                                        Robert Smith (The Cure)
                                - "Shiver and Shake", Kiss me, Kiss me,