wmaker+gnome (2nd.)

Sorry, the first time the message was bounced ... My apologies for any
inconvenience caused.

> Dear all,
>
> I have two problems using wmaker+gnome. I use "xdm" to log in (running
> gdm is *not* desired). The users have .xsession files as this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> if [ -x /usr/bin/pland ]
> then
>     /usr/bin/pland -k
> else
>     echo >&2 "AVISO: No se encontró el demonio pland"
> fi
> /usr/bin/gnome-session
> if [ -x /usr/bin/pland ]
> then
>     /usr/bin/pland -K
> fi
>
> In file /etc/environment the following variables are defined and
> exported (among others):
>
> LANG=es_ES.ISO-8859-1
> WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker
>
> When gnome is firstly executed, the wmaker launching is adequately
> configured from control center. In fact, after this first run, gnome
> launchs wmaker normally.
>
> 1) All messages of gnome and its apps (menu, help, gftp, logout, gmc,
> etc.) are in English. I can't imagine why, because when running
> "printenv" from an xterm the variable LANG appears correctly defined.
> Every else application shows the right spanish messages.
>
> 2) The most annoying thing ... The changes made to wmaker (adding apps
> to clip, changing clip apps settings, icons, etc.) are not stored from
> one session to another. The strange thing is that, when running
> "printenv", the variable WINDOW_MANAGER appears unbounded. Nevertheless,
> I tried "env WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker /usr/bin/gnome-session"
> and it didn't work (although in this case the variable is correctly
> defined). I have also tried options --purge-delay=15000" and
> "--suicide-delay=0"  but it didn't work either. The save-session option
> of gnome didn't work either ... ¡I'm desperated! :-( ... Yes, if the
> restart option of the wmaker apps menu is used, the changes are made ...
> but this is not the adequate solution (I think). My intuition is that
> gnome don't properly close wmaker. Any idea?
>
> Are there any wmaker-gnome-gurus out there? ;-) Of course any help will
> be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Best regards,

JUAN CARLOS AMENGUAL                    Smack in the middle of today
UNIVERSIDAD JAUME I                     Got to learn new words
DEPARTAMENTO DE INFORMÁTICA             Merely got to simply say
CAMPUS DE RIU SEC, EDIFICIO TI          I think we all misheard.
CASTELLON, 12071. SPAIN.
Phone: +34 964 728361                   Just like my lower heaven
Fax: +34 964 728435                     You know so well: my higher hell
e-mail: jcamen@inf.uji.es       Sergeant/McCulloch/Pattinson/De Freitas
                                        (Echo and the Bunnymen)
                                - "Higher Hell", Porcupine, 1983, WEA Rec. -