Re: Upgrading to Xfree 4

There are xfree 4.0.1 packages by the Debian X maintainer, but they are still
experimental and not part of Debian "proper."

If you want to try them, add

deb http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/ woody/i386/

to your sources.list.  Do an "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" and you'll
update yourself.  However, these packages are not part of the distribution, and
you shouldn't use them if you're afraid of Things That May Go Wrong.

That said, I recently tried upgrading and the packages upgraded extremely
smoothly.  There was a slight hiccup with the config file, but one symlink and I
haven't had a problem since.

	// joey tsai

:: Rogelio E. Castillo Haro ::