wmaker+gnome

Dear all,

I have two problems using wmaker+gnome. I use "xdm" to log in (running
gdm is *not* desired). The users have .xsession files as this:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -x /usr/bin/pland ]
then
    /usr/bin/pland -k
else
    echo >&2 "AVISO: No se encontró el demonio pland"
fi
/usr/bin/gnome-session
if [ -x /usr/bin/pland ]
then
    /usr/bin/pland -K
fi

In file /etc/environment the following variables are defined and
exported (among others):

LANG=es_ES.ISO-8859-1
WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker

When gnome is firstly executed, the wmaker launching is adequately
configured from control center. In fact, after this first run, gnome
launchs wmaker normally.

1) All messages of gnome and its apps (menu, help, gftp, logout, gmc,
etc.) are in English. I can't imagine why, because when running
"printenv" from an xterm the variable LANG appears correctly defined.
Every else application shows the right spanish messages.

2) The most annoying thing ... The changes made to wmaker (adding apps
to clip, changing clip apps settings, icons, etc.) are not stored from
one session to another. The strange thing is that, when running
"printenv", the variable WINDOW_MANAGER appears unbounded. Nevertheless,
I tried "env WINDOW_MANAGER=/usr/bin/X11/wmaker /usr/bin/gnome-session"
and it didn't work (although in this case the variable is correctly
defined). I have also tried options --purge-delay=15000" and
"--suicide-delay=0"  but it didn't work either. The save-session option
of gnome didn't work either ... ¡I'm desperated! :-( ... Yes, if the
restart option of the wmaker apps menu is used, the changes are made ...
but this is not the adequate solution (I think). My intuition is that
gnome don't properly close wmaker. Any idea?

Are there any wmaker-gnome-gurus out there? ;-) Of course any help will
be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

JUAN CARLOS AMENGUAL                    Smack in the middle of today
UNIVERSIDAD JAUME I                     Got to learn new words
DEPARTAMENTO DE INFORMÁTICA             Merely got to simply say
CAMPUS DE RIU SEC, EDIFICIO TI          I think we all misheard.
CASTELLON, 12071. SPAIN.
Phone: +34 964 728361                   Just like my lower heaven
Fax: +34 964 728435                     You know so well: my higher hell
e-mail: jcamen@inf.uji.es       Sergeant/McCulloch/Pattinson/De Freitas
                                        (Echo and the Bunnymen)
                                - "Higher Hell", Porcupine, 1983, WEA Rec. -