Re: quick upgrade help needed-kernel image not wanted

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 05:58:11AM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
> couldn't you just remove the kernel package?
> i run my own kernels too but they usually have unique names for the most
> part:

I tried that but found that the installation process had not gotten far
enough into things to create an entry (?) for the installation of the newer
image.  So an attempt to uninstall it prior to completion of the upgrade
would have removed the custom image.  (Is this what you are thinking about?)

> apt-get has never(thankfully) touched my kernel(s). i run home brew
> kernels on every machine i build and its been the same accross all of
> them. dont remember doing anythign special to get apt-get to ignore it.
> and no i dont do it the 'debian way' as i could never figure out how
> that shit works so all the kernels are from ftp.kernel.org.

I think my problem will be solved if I simply put the kernel-image on hold
using aptitude.  This time around I didn't realize that it was on the list
to be upgraded...

Thanks for the help!

Kenward