Re: HOW to install StarOffice for mulituser

"T. Manegold" wrote:

> HI!
>
> I have the following permissions set:
>
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     97198566 Sep 21 18:51 so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     16329089 Sep 21 19:17 soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin
>
> The files are in /home.
>
> When I execute the above command, I get the welcome and license screens and then a screen
> asking whether I want a Standard, user-definied or minimal install. That I understand is
> not the /net - install.
>
> I know that it is supposed to work with ./setup -net (or /net), but I don't have ./setup
> but only this .bin-file.
>
> Did it work for you with the above file, or with the ./setup command?
>
> TIA
> Thorsten Manegold
You simply execute the binary file.
"./soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin /net" is the correct command. I used
/usr/local/share as my install directory and SO5.2 created the main
directory there. Did you also dl the instructions from the sun main
site? There are other tips there.

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173