Re: HOW to install StarOffice for mulituser

John Foster wrote:

> "T. Manegold" wrote:
> >
> > HI!
> > I tried
> >
> >     ./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin /net
> >
> > but it still came up without the net-install dialogs. Do I have to have the file in a
> > special place? Or can't I use sudo ?
> >
> > TIA
> > Thorsten Manegold
> Did you set the correct file permissions. For a /net install you must be
> root and file must be owned, writeable, and executable by root.
> Also I do not recall any dialog beyond the asking of where to put the
> basic install.

HI!

I have the following permissions set:

-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     97198566 Sep 21 18:51 so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     16329089 Sep 21 19:17 soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-de.bin

The files are in /home.

When I execute the above command, I get the welcome and license screens and then a screen
asking whether I want a Standard, user-definied or minimal install. That I understand is
not the /net - install.

I know that it is supposed to work with ./setup -net (or /net), but I don't have ./setup
but only this .bin-file.

Did it work for you with the above file, or with the ./setup command?

TIA
Thorsten Manegold