RE: Refusing mail if via ISP? [was Re: apology]

It would depend on what you use to pop your mail from
your ISP.  Here, I use fetchmail to pop mail from seven
POP3 accounts on various providers.  Fetchmail passes
it off to my MTA (sendmail) which in turns hands it off
to procmail for local delivery.  Procmail does some funky
stuff to block attachments, and if it passes that, it's delivered
to /var/spool/mail/username.  IIRC, Debian installs Exim
by default so I don't know what you're using as far as your
MTA is concerned.  If your MTA uses procmail as its
local delivery agent (or can be configured to do so), it's
fairly easy to implement your own procmail recipes.
Procmail can do just about anything you want with the
messages it's handed.  It can deliver them (per default),
send them to /dev/null, or even generate auto-replies.
If your mail client contacts your ISPs POP3 server directly,
everything I said probably won't apply.  :)

HTH.

-jg

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jlgaddis@blueriver.net>