Re: Changing Mutt's defaults- possible?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 02:58:45PM -0400, Bruce DeVisser wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 07:55:34PM +1100, Russ Pitman wrote:
> > Can the 'N' flags in the index list be configured so that they
> > remain set until all the folder's contents have been read
> > irrespective of how many times the folder is acessed or mutt is
> > restarted.
>
> Put this in your .muttrc:
> set nomark_old
>
> --
> - Bruce

	I did this, unfortunately it doesn't work,at least the 'N' flag
still disappears from the 'index' menu while the folder is holding unread
mail. In the folder the flag is set as always.

	What I was trying to do was avoid having to dredge thru all the
mailboxes to check for unread mail,even if I have to break off the mail
session.

	I couldn't find any reference to nomark_old in the docs.

	Any pointers?

--