Re: Refusing mail if via ISP? [was Re: apology]

brian moore wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:55:44AM -0400, Mike Werner wrote:
> > brian moore wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > My solution is simply to refuse all mail from
> > > webmaster@my.netvigator.com with postfix:
> > >
> > > Sep 23 16:58:25 bifur postfix/smtpd[3101]: reject: RCPT from
> > >     imsmdm002.netvigator.com[208.167.231.173]: 550
> > >     <webmaster@my.netvigator.com>: Sender address rejected: Learn how SMTP
> > >     works and why envelope sender is important.;
> > >     from=<webmaster@my.netvigator.com> to=<bem@cmc.net>
> >
> > I get my email through my ISP's POP server via a regular dial-up
> > connection.  Can I still do things like what you show here *and* have
> > the error message go to the intended victim ... er, receipient?
>
> Only if you have root on their mail server. :)

Somehow I doubt Earthlink will give me that.  Even if I asked *really*
nicely. ::grin::

> You -could- do something similar with procmail, but it's really not the
> same effect.

Yeah, that's why I've been kinda wondering if I could do some sort of error
throwing thingy like you were showing.  Oh well.  Guess I'll just /dev/null
the bastards.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.