Re: Sound testing

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:08:30 +0100, Timothy Bedding  wrote:
>I am trying to get my Sound Blaster card working.
>
>Can anyone suggest a simple test program that I can
>run to prove that it is working?
>
>I seem to have four different possible sockets
>for the speakers.
>
>black, green, red, blue

I don't know if there are 'standards' in place here, but my
motherboard has a green (line out), red (violet, actually, mic
in), and blue (line in).  It has no amplified output for
speakers, which is what your black jack is (i believe).  I use
the green jack with a pair of cheapo amplified speakers.
As I said, this is on a new motherboard, not a Soundblaster
card, so your results may vary.

>Any idea which of these is the one to use?
>
>Regards
>Tim

HTH,

Mike