Re: book suggestions

Mike Leone wrote:
> >    90% of the commands, at least, are basic Unix commands, not specific to
> >Linux or Debian. O'Reilly's "Unix in a Nutshell", or "Linux in a Nutshell",
> >should do fine as a simple reference. Personally I find "Unix Power Tools" to
> >be my bible of Unix black magick.
>
> But won't tell you about the BEST reason to switch to Debian - apt, dpkg,
> etc. I think this is what he means - distribution specific.

I was at a Borders just last night, and took a look at the newest edition of
Linux in a Nutshell - it now does covers apt-get, dpkg, dselect, and a few
others.  Soon as my paycheck comes through I'll be picking up a copy.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.