Re: Sound testing

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 05:08:30PM +0100, Timothy Bedding wrote:
> I am trying to get my Sound Blaster card working.
>
> Can anyone suggest a simple test program that I can
> run to prove that it is working?

    I'm not sure but I think you can just cat a .wav file and redirect it to
the device. Personally I just went all the way and tried xmms on an MP3.

> I seem to have four different possible sockets
> for the speakers.
>
> black, green, red, blue
>
> Any idea which of these is the one to use?

    No idea. Mine has text inscribed under the ports. Doesn't yours?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX