Re: book suggestions

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 11:11:21AM -0500, Bob Edwards wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a book with a comprehensive list of
> debian linux commands and explanations of what each command dos?  I'm
> new with liunux, and have just changed to debian from Corel linux. I
> have a lot to do so I have to do something to cut down my learning
> curve.

    90% of the commands, at least, are basic Unix commands, not specific to
Linux or Debian. O'Reilly's "Unix in a Nutshell", or "Linux in a Nutshell",
should do fine as a simple reference. Personally I find "Unix Power Tools" to
be my bible of Unix black magick.
    If you want to go the free route, just use the man pages. For some silly
reason, GNU prefers info *shudder* pages, so a lot of manpages will tell you
to read the info pages instead. Someday I think I'll start fixing that...

    man -k "keyword" to search on a specific topic.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX