Re: book suggestions

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 06:22:40PM +0200, Reilink wrote:

> Learning Debian GNU/Linux
> Author: Bill McCarty
> ISBN: 1565927052
> Publisher: O'Reilly
> Cover Price: $34.95 (cd-rom included)

    Actually, skip this one. It sucks the big one, and the CD-ROM is _not_
Debian 2.1, no matter what it says. All of my initial problems with Debian
were caused by the crappy distro on that CD. As soon as I grabbed the real
thing from the ftp site, everything worked.

    Thank you very much VA Linux systems...

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX