Re: Begone, vile emacs!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 05:42:28PM -0400, Paul D. Smith wrote:

>   >> why not dpkg -l emacs ?
>
>   jm> un  emacs          <none>         (no description available)
>
> It's probably "emacs19" or "emacs20", or one of the xemacs varieties.

Neither!  It's really strange.

> The simplest way to find out what package a particuler file belongs to
> is with dpkg -S; try something like:
>
>   $ dpkg -S bin/emacs

Not there either.  I've decided to *install* emacs (19, I believe, from my
locate database) and then PURGE the fiend.  Please don't turn me in to the
joe user's emacs resistance...

>  "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

... dot com.  (The domain is available for E-mail forwarding from mail.com)

(Great .sig... And I just noticed mine... ahh, Espy...)

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

<Espy> tomorrow there will be a great disturbance in the workforce
        -- May 18, 1999