Re: Begone, vile emacs!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 09:02:23AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > I discovered emacs is on my system, and I don't particularly want it there.
> > I have no idea how it got there either, and it's probably taking up a
> > healthy amount of disk space.  Here's some interesting stats...
> >
> > bash-2.03$ dpkg -S `which emacs`
> > dpkg: /usr/bin/emacs not found.
>
> why not dpkg -l emacs ?

un  emacs          <none>         (no description available)

> or better yet, dselect.

Never thought I'd hear someone say that!  :)

I also tried apt-get remove emacs* but it didn't help.  No it's not a
symlink either.  I'm tempted just to blow it away and all .el files...

Long live joe! :)

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

"Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs."
(By Dennis Ritchie)