Begone, vile emacs!

I figured that title would get your attention... :)

I discovered emacs is on my system, and I don't particularly want it there.
I have no idea how it got there either, and it's probably taking up a
healthy amount of disk space.  Here's some interesting stats...

bash-2.03$ dpkg -S `which emacs`
dpkg: /usr/bin/emacs not found.

What package do I have to purge?  Is there some other obscure tool for
finding files in packages?  Who put it there?

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

Today is the last day of the first part of your life.