Re[2]: gpm and X and mouse (fwd)

Hello W.,

WPM> : ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
WPM> : From: Krzys Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca>
WPM> : Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:19:51 -0700 (PDT)

:>>I've tried to tell X to use the fifo /dev/gpmdata as its
:>>pointing device but it doesn't work. The mouse behaves fine
:>>under gpm (even cut&paste works) but is unuseable under X. The
:>>mouse cursor does move when I move the mouse, but in
:>>completely erratic and unpredictable ways. The only way I've
:>>got the mouse to work under X is to not use the gpm fifo, and
:>>to stop gpm before starting X. My mouse is a Logitech 3-button
:>>PS/2 type. -chris
:>>

I had this problem when gpm and X set different mouse type.
Make sure that your gpm and gpm repeat type and X all set to
the same mouse type.

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam