Re: Debian 2.2

On 17 Sep 2000, Nate Amsden wrote:
> looks like bad cds to me, i'd get new ones from somewhere(not sure where
> to reccomend) see the debian homepage for who has them, or if you have a
> CD-R you can make your own. it seems since debian does not make their
> own cds(non commercial) quality can be questionable from vendor to
> vendor. ive had many bad debian cds in the past i don't think its
> uncommon.
>
> nate

I made the same point in an email to the original poster. At one time I
even got my CD drive replaced under warranty because I thought the
problem was there rather than in the disks.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Hold fast is your only dog."