Re: Staroffice on Debian Potato

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Art Edwards <edwardsa@thuntek.net> wrote:

> I have been using Star office 5.2 inside potato and have had no
> difficulty with Word95, word97 or word2000 files. That is, I can either
> read foreign files or write my own and have them read by M$. Even forms,
> finally, work reasonably well. You do have to turn off the design mode.
[snip]

Art, and Denizens of Debian List Land,

I need to save the tracked changes as a word file. SO 5.1 won't do
this.

When I enabled tracking of changes with SW 5.1, then saved as a Word
7 file, the tracking was not saved to the Word 7 format file. SO
wrote the modified files with the tracked changes in effect, as
quite usable Word .doc files but with no change tracking.

Can someone tell me if StarWriter 5.2 saves change tracking
information to Word files?

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.