Re: free Interrnet provider for Linux?

> Pollywog <pollywog@shadypond.com> wrote:
> On 15-Sep-2000 Christopher W. Aiken wrote:
> >
> > Try: http://www.worldshare.net
>
> As I understand it, they offer free access only for MS Windows, not for
Linux.

That's sure what they say, but I've been using it for a while now on the
laptop and it works just fine.  I think that perhaps in the future this may
change as they're putting out one of those wonderful ad bars, and I doubt
they'll release one for Linux.  Nobody has so far AFAIK.  I understand the
need to pay for the service, but I wish at least one ISP would take the
initiative and port it if that's what they're going to use.

Andrew W.

astrogeek@dork.com - "Dude"
http://www.slackadelic.com
BTOFH - "Bastard Telescope