Re: Staroffice on Debian Potato

I have been using Star office 5.2 inside potato and have had no
difficulty with Word95, word97 or word2000 files. That is, I can either
read foreign files or write my own and have them read by M$. Even forms,
finally, work reasonably well. You do have to turn off the design mode.
Finally, Powerpoint files translate reasonably well-- at least as well
as Powerpoint files translate between M$ platforms. I have been able to
dump windoze completely without a lot of pain.
--
Arthur H. Edwards
712 Valencia Dr. NE

(505) 256-0834