Re: HELP! with ethernet

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 04:57:47PM +0200, Philipp Schulte wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 03:28:12PM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:01:33AM +0200, Philipp Schulte wrote:
>
> No I did not write this! Just because we have the same name does not
> mean you are allowed to fake qoutes ;)

hu?
you wrote this, exactly _this quote_. i replied to your mail, instead
of Cam's, because i wanted to say something to him and to you.

> > do you mean the rtl8139.c from the linux source tree?
> > do not compile this file alone. use 'make config/menuconfig/xconfig'
> > to configure linux, there you can choose this driver. then compile the
> > kernel...
>
> I didn't ask this.

yes, you haven't; you quoted this question and i said something to it.

> > this modversion.h gets generated during the kernel build. so, you
> > can't pick one file (rtl8139.c) and compile it. choose this driver and
> > then compile your kernel.
>
> Thank you but my kernel and RTL8139 works fine.

sorry, i don't understand this. what do you mean?
did i say something else? to make it more clearly, i meant: "you can't
(easily) pick one file (rtl8139.c) and compile it alone, without going
to the kernel-build-procedure.

   moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>