Re: apm/hdparm/power-supply saga, latest installment

curious why you'd be so interested in doing all this i could never see
why people wanted to suspend/sleep a desktop system(a notebook i can
see..)

as far as the power supply fan is concerned, i had a 486 a while back
that did this. it had a temperature senstive fan, if the temp was above
XX the fan would turn on, if it got hotter the fan would spin faster..id
think this is what you should try to get, the fan should be smart enough
to turn on if there is a need.

there are probably still a buncha power supplies that can do this.

me, i keep all my systems on 24/7. i turn off the monitors to reduce
heat(my apt can get quite hot if they are on all the time when im not
using them). but the pcs themselves are on.

nate