Re: apm/hdparm/power-supply saga, latest installment

    Nate,

It's a pretty simple reason a person would want to fully suspend a desktop
box - using alternative power! I plan to run my entire configuration via 12Volt
batteries and a ups like inverter. if I can reduce the draw of current, I can
extend the life of my batteries. The whole reason I wanted linux is to keep a
computer running when I can't be here - windoz would die and I would have to
be here to press the reset button. Now, if we I can tweak the power usages
on the box, I have that much more control.

my 2 cents worth . . .

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Nate Amsden wrote:
> curious why you'd be so interested in doing all this i could never see
> why people wanted to suspend/sleep a desktop system(a notebook i can
> see..)
>
> nate

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls            ICQ# 12741145
This mail composed with kmail on kde on X on linux warped by debian
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.