RE: Weird messages after kernel compiling...

OK...what you need is to cp from /usr/src/linux "System.map" to /boot
and replace the file "System.map-<kernel_version>". Also, what I
normally do is mv /lib/modules/<kernel_version> to
/lib/modules/<kernel_version>.original (Just in case the "backward
compatibility" setting was not enabled during the kernel
configuration). BTW, I'd also bakcup the original System.map. You
never know when you might need it.

There, now it should not give any "unresolved symbols" during boot
up.

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance
Measat Broadcast Network Systems