Re: Debian VS. Red Hat

will@serensoft.com (Will Trillich) writes:

> what reason would there be for a small one-horse sysadmin
> (with very small brain pan) to NOT have cron do something like
>
> # m h  dom mo  dow
>  30 3    * *    1  apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade

Maybe he doesn't want to lose his job?  I would instantly fire a
sysadmin who'd unrespoansably trust such automatisms more than his own
brains.  There have been uploaded Debian packages in the past which
*did* cause more mischief than a responsible sysadmin would want to
have to fix the system afterwards.