Re: PGP and Mutt

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 03:21:58AM +0200, Carel Fellinger (cfelling@iae.nl) wrote:
> Hai,
>
> I admit upfront, I haven't read all the docs, but I would be chilled
> if someone could point me to the relevant part of the docs, or maybe
> even spoils the fun of having to read it all and explains:)
>
> I've upgraded from hamm to potato, and decided to try pgp due to all
> the debian-user mails that are signed. I've told mutt to use pgp5 but
> now I get the following error message once I open a signed mail:
>
>    [-- PGP output follows (current time: Sat Sep  9 03:17:03 2000) --]
>    Signature by unknown keyid: 0x55F2B9B0
>    This signature applies to another message
>    Opening file "/dev/null" type text.
>    [-- End of PGP output --]
>
> what's wrong here?

If it helps, my .muttrc is attached.  Note that I've got gpg, not pgp,
installed.  I'd recommend you use the same.  There is only one tag in my
muttrc which appears relevant, that's the "pgp_autosign" hook.

# .muttrc -- Mutt configuration file

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Karsten's mods
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------

# set quote_regexp="^[ \t]*[a-zA-Z\.]*>"  # Default: "^([ \t]*[>|#:}])+"
set quote_regexp="^([ \t]*[>|#:}])+|^([ \t]*[A-Za-z]+[>] )+"

#
# More header weeding
#
ignore Resent- Precedence In-Reply-To Return-Receipt-To Mailer X400
ignore Originator X-Loop X-Mailing-List X-Listprocessor X-Face
ignore X-Received X-Mailer X-Envelope-To X-Sender X-Attribution
# Usenet headers can occur for Cc-ed messages; they can still be
# recognized by the Newsgroups header.
ignore Path Lines NNTP-Posting-Host X-Newsreader X-Submitted-Via

#
# Key bindings
#

bind editor     <delete>  delete-char

# Copy mail to sent
fcc-hook .* $HOME/Mail/sent

# Toggle 'from' by destination:
send-hook !([^@]+|.*@navel|.*@jung) from=kmself@ix.netcom.com

set spoolfile=~/Mail/mbox
set postponed=~/Mail/.postponed
set move=no
set honor_followup_to=yes
set followup_to=no
set metoo=no
set menu_scroll=yes
set mime_forward=yes
set attribution="On %d, %n (%a) wrote:"

set hdrs
set pgp_autosign

set alias_file="~/.mail-alias"
source ~/.mail-alias
# set alias_format=""%2n %t %-10a   %r"
# unset reverse_alias
# set sort_alias=alias

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Color / video attribute definitions. Not too flashy.
# Available colors: white black green magenta blue cyan yellow red default
#

mono   error           reverse
mono   header          bold                    "^date:"
mono   header          bold                    "^from:"
mono   header          bold                    "^subject:"
mono   header          bold                    "^to:"
mono   body            bold			(((ht|f)tps?)|mailto):(//)?[^\ "\t]*|www\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^\ .,;\t>">]
mono   body            bold                    "[-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+"
mono   body            bold                    "^gpg: Good signature"
mono   body            reverse                 "^gpg: Bad signature from.*"

color  error           brightred       black

color  normal          white           black
color  hdrdefault      cyan            black
color  header          brightcyan      black   "^from:"
color  header          brightyellow    black   "^subject:"
color  header          brightcyan      black   "^to:"
color  header          brightgreen     black   "^date:"
color  header          cyan            black   "^cc:"
color  header          cyan            black   "^reply-to:"

color  body            brightblack     cyan      "^gpg: Signature made.*"
color  body            brightblack     cyan      "^gpg: Good signature from.*"
color  body            brightblack     yellow    "^gpg: Can't check signature.*"
color  body            brightblack     yellow    "^gpg: WARNING: .*"
color  body            brightwhite     red       "^gpg: Bad signature from.*"
# URL highlighting with the same regexp as urlview.
color  body            brightyellow    black	(((ht|f)tps?)|mailto):(//)?[^\ "\t]*|www\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^\ .,;\t>">]
color  body            brightcyan      black   "[-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+"
color  quoted0         cyan            black
color  quoted1         green           black
color  quoted2         yellow          black
color  signature       brightcyan      black

color  attachment      blue            white
color  markers         brightred       black
color  indicator       brightyellow    red
color  status          brightyellow    blue
color  tilde           brightmagenta   black
color  tree            brightcyan      black

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------

lists \
    bochs-developers	\
    clwg-list       	\