Re: Linksys LNE100TX ethernet lan card

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 06:17:28PM -0700, David Benfell (dbenfell@linuxcare.com) wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 08:12:36AM -0500, Gary L. Dolan wrote:
> >
> > Gentlemen:
> >    I installed the LNE100TX card for adsl service, it's a pnp device
> > which says it works with linux, and I'll bet it does but not for me.
> > Anyway, I have run potato for some time, pretty up to date, with a
> > 2.2.17pre6 standard kernel. The precompiled tulip.o driver for the
> > ethernet card installs, but does not seem to be recognized by dhcp or
> > pump. I got a copy of tulip.o compiled for 2.2.16, and force installed it
> > and got the same result.

> >    The LNE100TX has wake-on-lan feature that I do not have connected,
> > nor do I need. The installation disketter contains tulip.c, version 0.91g
> > (I think, I'm at work at the moment, might be 0.91k), which they
> > recommend using for the wake-on-lan feature. I seem to have no better
> > luck with that module.

> >    So the long and the short of it is, I'm looking for anyone who might
> > have installed this card and gotten it running on a debian box,
> > preferably one a whole like mine. The card works fine on W98, altho
> > the install there was not without its flaws, but I like to spend the
> > majority of my time on linux. Altho I have used debian for several years,
> > my knowledge level is "learn on the go" so I might be overlooking some-
> > thing very obvious.
> >    Thanks for any help.

LinkSys 10/100 card working great here under both Debian and OpenBSD.
I'm using the Linux kernel drivers I've compiled myself.

    $ cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.2.17 (root@navel) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220
    (Debian GNU/Linux)) #1 Sat Sep 2 01:30:30 PDT 2000

    $ cat /proc/pci
    PCI devices found:
    <...>
      Bus  0, device  11, function  0:
	Ethernet controller: LiteOn Unknown device (rev 37).
	  Vendor id=11ad. Device id=c115.
	  Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 5.  Master Capable.  Latency=72.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=56.
	  I/O at 0xf800 [0xf801].
	  Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xffbeec00 [0xffbeec00].
    <...>

    $ cat /proc/modules
    <...>
    tulip                  30200   1