Re: Sound Card CMI8738 (C-Media) and missing cdrom drive??

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Hi folks - I'm on Debian Potato and I'm trying to set up for
> sound.  My sound card is a CMI8738.  Has anyone managed to get
> one of these working, and if so which driver did you use?

Well, I succeeded after I recompiled the kernel with the sound card
drivers compiled as modules. It's somewhere in the README I believe. Maybe
this is fixed in later kernel-versions. Also, I used the driver from the
manufacturer's website, since the one used in 2.2.14 was older (but this
is not necessary, they both work, as long as they are compiled as module)

Good luck,

Frederik