Re: Filesystem layout and hi everybody

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 02:08:32PM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:
:On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:07:09PM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
:> / 		500M
:So much?

Yeh, your right... I'd be comfortable at 250M since /var and /tmp
are split off.

:> /usr		5G
:> /usr/local	3G
:> /var		1.5G (keep cahe/apt/archives there too)
:> /tmp		500M
:> /home		7G (why mess with /misc too if you're the only user)
:I would like the /misc directory because I would like to share it in
:my local home network, so everybody could access to the mp3s or all
:other things... Currently, I have the mp3s in /usr/local/share/music,
:but I think this is not the proper place.
:Where do you recommend me to put all these thing, tough?

I usually keep exported filesystems under /fs or /export, no reason
not to go with /misc though.  Hadn't considered remote users for this
system.  If you're going to have multiple exported directories, I'd
make a partition for each of them (makes it eisier to migrate to a new
disk or tailor mount options)