Filesystem layout and hi everybody

Hi all,

first of all hello to everybody, because I've been off of this list
for a very long time...

Well, my question is about how should I organize my filesystem. I have
now Debian woody in a 1'7 gb hard disk; all the entire disk is mounted
on /, on a single partition.

Now, I will buy a 20 gb hard disk. I can't imagine having the entire
disk in one single filesystem... and I can't imagine a fsck on it...
But in the other hand, I'm the only user of the computer.

Well, I have think the following organization:

/ of 100 mb in a primary partition at the beginning of the disk, so
  lilo or grub can boot it.
/usr of 3 gb (no comments... but should it be bigger?)
/usr/local of 1,5 gb (to install quake data, staroffice, etc)
/tmp of 150 mb
/var 250 mb (/var/cache/apt/archives will go in another place, as
             explained below)
/home of 1 gb (I'm the only user in the system)
/misc in the rest of the disk. I pretent to put here several
      subdirectories, as music (my mp3 collection), photos (some
      photos I have), and a link to /var/cache/apt/archives. I also
      would like to store here several other files, like tar ones.

And at last, I forgot it, a swap partition of 128 mb (I have 128 mb of
ram currently). But where I should place it phisically on the disk ?

All the other partitions, except / will be contained on extended ones.

What do you think about this layout? Should I give more space to any
of the partitions or make shrink them? Should I put any other
directory in a partition?

I want to get the most performance as I can organizing properly the
partitions.

I know the answer could differ A LOT from each person, but never
mind. I just want oppinions.

Thanks a lot!

--
Juli-Manel Merino Vidal <jmmv@mail.com>