Re: Filesystem layout and hi everybody

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:07:09PM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> / 		500M

So much?

> /usr		5G
> /usr/local	3G
> /var		1.5G (keep cahe/apt/archives there too)
> /tmp		500M
> /home		7G (why mess with /misc too if you're the only user)

I would like the /misc directory because I would like to share it in
my local home network, so everybody could access to the mp3s or all
other things... Currently, I have the mp3s in /usr/local/share/music,
but I think this is not the proper place.
Where do you recommend me to put all these thing, tough?

Thanks