Re: networking problem

More problems which will hopefully present a clue

kernel: registered device ppp0
pppd[432]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
pppd[432]: Using interface ppp8
pppd[432]: Connect : ppp8 <--> /dev/ttyS1
pppd[432]: tcflush failed: input/output error
pppd[432]: Exit

ls /var/log/lock
nothing

tree /etc/ppp
nothing that would appear to hold locked device info

Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.17 does not match kernel data

What the heck does that mean?
Sounds like I messed up the kernel.  I'll try the last one and see if
that fixes ppp.  I added cslip module in case any networking functions
needed it.  Maybe that's what's foobar here.

mike