Re: Help with Installation...

At 23.32 2/9/00 -0700, Gutierrez Family ha escrit:
>Following your advice, I linked /dev/mouse to /dev/psaux.  Now X starts up
>!!  However, I have a new obstacle to clear...
>
>X starts as expected via "startx", but the mouse will NOT respond.  I have
>run "xf86config" several times, each time choosing a different mouse (to see
>if I get lucky with others), but no good.  Here's a clue:  the last error
>message from the X server says:
>
>"Warning: /dev/psaux unable to get status of mouse fd (Inappropriate ioctl
>for device)"
>
>Any ideas on how to resolve this one?!?

	A nice way is to run again XF86Setup and trying mouse configurations and
applying them, until every part of the mouse works.
	If you've spent lots of time setting the XF86Config file, make a copy of
it, accept the changes done by XF86Setup when you've found your
configuration. Exit and edit by hand your original XF86Config, copying just
the mouse parameters of the file that your most recent XF86Setup has
created. Return the old XF86Config to its place and the mouse will run
under X.

	hth,

	Ignasi