Re: md5sum from sources -linux-.

After your previous message I did dpkg -S and I got the same as you
said. Then I realized that for some reason /usr/bin was not in the path
for root (who I was to use cdrecord). It was the cause for not getting
anything. Now, compare

tony@debian:~$ dpkg -s md5sum
Package `md5sum' is not installed and no info is available.

Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
tony@debian:~$

with

tony@debian:~$ dpkg -S md5sum
debhelper: /usr/bin/dh_md5sums
dpkg: /usr/bin/md5sum
dpkg: /usr/share/man/ja/man1/md5sum.1.gz
debhelper: /usr/share/man/man1/dh_md5sums.1.gz
dpkg: /usr/share/man/man1/md5sum.1.gz
tony@debian:~$

I really did not realize the difference: form "s" to "S". Anyway, thanks
a lot for the pointers, because i really had some missing. Thanks again.