[Fwd: stupid question]

--- Begin Message ---
When you've removed it, you simply type startx.  It's just another
widget to make linux more like windows... hence the disgust.  I am still
reeling from all the individual processes in Linux and the large
quantity of bootstraping scripts.  I don't want any clearly unnecessary
processes or scripts running, or ran at boot.  Why?  'cause I still
don't understand this thing... but I know I don't need xdm.

Disclaimer: 4 drinks consumed before this post may have affect my logic

mike