security

It concerns me when my machine grinds when I don't know why it's
grinding.  I run top and it says find is running.  Why?  I do a grep -r
find /etc/cr* and the only things that come up run per crontab.  Crontab
shows that all cron routines run around sunup... it's now 1:42 and my
linux box with a 24hr old install of debian was grinding at 1:10.
Running ls -l /bin | grep rws I get:
-rws... root root for login mount ping ping6 su umount

Are all of these programs normally setoid?

mike