Re: parsing existing mbox

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 11:23:17AM -0500, Will Trillich wrote:

> you've got a mbox with hundreds of messages
> in it, and you've updated your .procmailrc or
> exim.conf with new filtering rules, and you
> wanna run them on your mbox to split it up
> into pieces, perhaps forwarding certain messages
> on to other folks, or deleting those matching
> pattern X.

I had to do this a little while ago.  If you have formail you use
"cat mbox | formail -s procmail" without quotes.
formail splits the stream going into it into separate mail messages then runs procmail on them.
Don't know how to any of the other stuff (exim / forwarding) thou.
"We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5  seconds. "
						 = Linus Torvalds
Colin McDowall -- beanz@softhome.net