Re: Console based Word Processor

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 07:10:57PM +0518, USM Bish wrote:
> A difficult thing to ask for in today's GUI world.
> I am looking for a simple light weight console app
> (non GUI) word processor,  something like the good
> old WordStar (and such relics of yesteryears).
>
> Should be able to do formatting of text with  left
> and right justification, setting of left and right
> margins, text alignment (left, right and centre).
>
> Preferentially should be able to save text in pure
> ASCII.
>
> Additional features, if present, welcome.
>
> Anybody using one, or can guide me to any ?

as i recall, some folks around these parts are fond
of midnight commander (or `mc` for short) as a
file manager/text editor combo.

tip: when using 'mc' via remote access (ssh, for
example) you may not be able to get your keyboard
to send 'fkey' sequences properly. to get "f10"
you can do "ESC-ZERO" as a handy workaround...

i use vi (elvis) myself.